- Wikholm, C., & Farias, M. (2016). Being Mindful of Mindfulness in Higher Education, University and College Counselling 18-23. Read here.
- Farias, M., Wikholm, C., & Delmonte, R. (2016). What is mindfulness-based therapy good for?. The Lancet Psychiatry, 3(11), 1012-1013. Read here.
- Farias, M., & Wikholm, C. (2016). Has the science of mindfulness lost its mind?. BJPsych Bull, 40(6), 329-332. Read here.
- Farias, M., & Wikholm, C. (2015). Ommm… Aargh. New Scientist, 226(3021), 28-29. Read here.
- Bilderbeck, A., Farias, M., Brazil, I., Jacobowitz, S., and Wikholm, C. (2013) Participation in a 10-week course of yoga improves behavioural control and decreases psychological distress in a prison population. Journal of Psychiatric Research 47, 1438-1445. Read here.
newspaper and magazine ARTICLES:
TALKS, CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS AND WORKSHOPS:
- New Scientist: Instant Expert Mental Health one day masterclass - Royal College of General Practitioners, London (04/18). Invited speaker. Talk title: Meditation and Mental Health.
- Grokker.com Video Series: Sleep Smarter (02/18). 7 day sleep programme for better sleep. Expert in improving Sleep.
- Grokker.com Video Series: Simple Stress Management (03/17). Expert in Reducing Stress. Video topics: 1) Introduction to stress management 2) Manage your stress triggers 3) Daily habits for stress relief
- 'Theorising on Social and Embodied Aspects of Contemplative Practices' - International Workshop at the University of Tampere, Finland (07/16). Invited speaker. Talk title: 'The Variety of Meditative Experiences: psychological effects we might not expect.'
- 'Alternatives' event at St James' Church, Piccadilly, London (03/16). Invited speaker. Talk topic: The Buddha Pill with Dr Farias.
- 'Psychologists in the Pub' - British Psychological Society Event, Oxford (02/16). Invited speaker. My co-author Dr Miguel Farias and I gave a talk on the subject of our book, The Buddha Pill.
- '5th British Congress on Medicine and Spirituality', International Conference, London (11/15). Invited speaker. Talk title: An Ashram in a Prison Cell: the psychological effects of yoga and meditation on prisoners.
- 'Publish Your Book' Workshop - Watkins Publishing & Alternatives (11/15). Invited as a published author to speak at a day-long workshop in London in November 2015 for prospective authors in the Mind Body Spirit genre.
- Author Talk and Book Signing, London (08/15) at London's oldest esoteric bookshop, Watkins Books, Soho.
- Author Talk and Book Signing, London (05/15) at Waterstone's, Notting Hill.
- Study Day - Department of Continuing Education, University of Oxford (03/15). Co-presented a day-long workshop on meditation and mindfulness science.
website / blog posts: